Monday, November 2, 2009

Yay!

Dear Fambly!

I’m so sorry you have a cold mommy! That’s awful… I started to get one this week, but I killed it before it could form… guess how. It’s pretty weird actually, I downed a ton of super spicy food. Two members made us soup with tons of peppers and suddenly I’m all better. I’ve heard that before, about eating a pepper to get rid of a cold, I think it might be true. Halloween sounds like fun. I LOVE Halloween. We get so many people asking us what the church’s stance on Halloween is. There’s a lot of confusion, especially in the Hispanic culture. But I still LOVE dressing up and eating candy, and spookyosity, so Halloween is for me. I’m glad Laney wore that 1870’s costume, I wants pictures! It’s such a great little outfit. I’m glad you had a lot of trick-or-treaters. I worry that it’s not becoming cool to do that, but tradition is so fun… Go beg for candy kids! What movie did Chantal and Jensen watch?
I can’t believe it’s November already either. I feel a little crazy to be honest. Such back in May right now.
I’m sorry that you’ve got no ‘free’ nights daddy! But you’ll be blessed for the work LINDSAY WASN”TA MEMBER ALREADY?! Dang, I missed that. We’ve got sisters in the ward now? Rock on. That’s okay about not telling—sometimes it’s better to keep in super secret like that. In my last ward, there was a baptism were the only people who knew were the guy getting baptized (dry Mormon for years, coming to church every week with his active family but refusing to get baptized) he finally decided he was ready. The only people who knew about it were the Sisters who taught him, their district leader (because he needed an interview) The brother baptizing him and his father in law. He got in the fount after another baptism and his wife burst into tears when she realized what was going on. I don’t know what a carbon fiber rear derailleur is, but I know what $735 is! I’m so sorry! Is that a fancy bike bit? That’s awful, I’m so sorry daddy.

Mommy, you’re costume sounds amazing. I LOVE Halloween. I think I’ve said that a couple of times, but not being able to dress up has made me realized that I LOVE Halloween! I’m dressing up as much as I can for the rest of my life, I think. I wore my English Nametag for a little while on Halloween and pretended that my costume was to be an English missionary. My district leader looked like he might shoot me. You’d like my district leader now, I don’t think I’ve talked about him or anyone much lately, because we always seem to be running late on P’days here (like today, again) but I’m sending the camera card home, hopefully today, and you’ll be able to see him on some pictures and videos and you might get an idea about his personality. I’ll have PLENTY of stories about him and all the other Elders in my districts later, I’m sure.

Thank you so much for that story about the minister. It’s wonderful to remember how the Holy Ghost can and does touch all of us and can give us spiritual promptings. At times, I get so frustrated with leaders of other faiths. It’s hard to be all lovely about it when you’re out here, because they just prove to be such a problem. But it really is true. In the end, they’re just doing what they think is best, and if they continue on that path then they’ll eventually make it home.

I made a list of topics…

OH! IMPORTANT! I need a recipe for Lemon marang pie/ banana. I I don’t remember which, or how it’s spelled, but my Companion needs this recipe by next week, and there is NO WAY that her family will ever respond to her request for one, so I thought mine might be able to help us.

SAN CLAMENTE 2010!!!! EPICOSITY! Yes. I reacted all crazy in real life last week, but I was super mellow in the email for some reason. I am so looking forward to being beach-bums. I made a list of happy-thoughts, that are specifically post-mission, in order to vencer the sadness that sweeps over me whenever I think about ending my mission. It’s not good to be all “lot’s wife” about it, right? I’m happy here, and it’ll be hard to leave, but if I trust in the Lord than I know that I’ll have a lot of amazing experiences later in life too. Like San Clamente

Remember when I once compared a couple of Elders I knew to Paul and Barnabus? Well, I still do that a lot. I’ve met a LOT of Book of Mormon characters out here. I’ve definitely met a Nephi and a Jonathon, and they other day I decided that my District Leader is pretty much Phinieus? (SP?) from Numbers. I’ve spaced on his name, but it’s something like that.

I love it when people look at me like they can see three very muscular Nephites standing directly behind me with their arms crossed.

I love you and I miss you all. I’m sorry my letter is so short again this week. I got totally giped, on account of time today and only got about 30 min to read and write my e-mail… it’s very sad, but hopefully things will be a little better next week.

MWAH/ Hermana Lillywhite

No comments:

Post a Comment