Monday, October 26, 2009

Excellent Week

I have awesome news again. Remember how last week was the best week ever? So was this week! Alicia and Janet got baptized and Victor was confirmed. Pictures to come from the baptism, you’ll have to notice how Alicia had to be stylish and wear her own white clothing. Which is SO Alicia.
AND! During an adorable lesson in which we were teaching Victor how to tie a tie he admitted to us that he wants to serve a mission. YAY! I baptized another future missionary! Did you get the letter with all the pictures from the temple and his baptism yet? Tell Sister Child’s thank you for the money and tell everybody I said hi out there!
Sounds like the kwoon is growing right along. Wow that’s crazy! Nick is getting married?! And he’s a police officer! Wow. It’s crazy how we grow up… I remember that kid. Crazy. CRAZY. I hope Jensen and Chantal are gearing up for their test.
Laney memorized the Jabberwocky poem!? Oh, my heart! That makes me so happy. There’s a street called jabberwocky in our area. Well, not really. It’s on the map. Actually it’s on all the maps, old and new, but we CAN’T find it, which is to bad because we really wanted to knock it.
District meeting was really weird. We actually watched Elder McGary and Elder parker playing Darth Vader. (This means that Elder McGary would pretend to choke him from across the room and Parker would choke from his seat).
The only other thing I can think to say is that my feet are pretty mangled these days. I took a picture. It’s bad. And those spots are coming back, the ones that mean I need more sunlight. The missionary dress-code and lack of tanning salons are not good for my skin. I need sunlight! And Vitamin D. Which is sort of like the best part of sunlight. All in all, I’m a little messed up physically, but that’s okay. I’ll take care of that later. It’ll have to be dealt with eventually.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! For the Halloween package. I was SO happy when I saw it waiting for me at the office there. I LOVE candy. Too much. I shared with the other missionaries and I’m sure we might get a couple of trick-or-treaters. We’re supposed to stay in at seven on Halloween night. I’ve got the pulga during the day, so it’ll be nice to just relax a little. Pulga is always SO draining.
I’m not too worried about school. I guess I should ask somebody about this whole GRE thing? I’ve got my interview with president coming up. Or I guess I could just write about it in a letter, I forget who it is who takes care of schooling stuff around here. Anyway, Creative Writing major sounds interesting… Then I could be a creative writing teacher. I could also pursue Spanish too.
I’d be totally comfortable going English for a little while. Some people freak out about the idea, but I’m open to it. I love Spanish though… I’d like to finish my mission as a Spanish missionary, but if he wants to send me English for a couple of transfers until we get a few more English Sisters out here, that would be alright with me. I know the language. I don’t feel uncomfortable speaking it at all anymore, so I think I wouldn’t have a problem if I stopped for a few months and then came back to it. And that’s the risk with sending Spanish missionaries English, is that they might forget their language. I don’t think that would happen to me.
Dang, poor BYU. That’s pretty terrible. One of our assistants is a BYU football player. I hope he hasn’t heard. I’m sorry about health care too, I hope nobody gets sick! I’m working on not getting sick out here myself. And yes mom, I’ve gotten A LOT of ideas for books. It’s actually not to bad, being unable to write. I thought I’d be really frustrated, but I’m okay. I just jot down some ideas in my journal every once in a while, and then I feel better. I don’t know how interesting my journals are going to be. Most of it’s jokes the Elders tell, or just a quick note of “Man, so much is going on, I wish I had time to write about it. Bye.”
I’m trying to do better, but I think this is the worst Journal keeping I’ve ever done. Sister Hansen and you both brought up the importance of keeping a good journal in one week though, so since then, I’ve been trying to write every day, a least a little. It’s tough sometimes though. I’m just SO busy. And on that note. Tell everybody who I should be writing right now that I’M SORRY!
On that note… Short letter this week. I’m so sorry, it really was an amazing week. My journal entries for this week are good actually, but I’m afraid my letter is going to be a little bit lame. I LOVE you all, so much. More than I can ever tell you. I hope everyone has an amazing week, and that I’m able to write a less-lame letter next week. I miss you, and I love you!
Sister Lillywhite

No comments:

Post a Comment