Monday, November 9, 2009

Guess why July 28th is important.

Alright, I prayed about it, took it to the temple and talked with President and I’ve decided to go ahead and take the option of staying the extra transfer. So, my official date for when I’m coming home is July 28th. I’m super happy to have this time to serve the lord, so I want to stay as long as I can without actually screwing up transfers. YAY! So, make a note of that everyone.
Que es Maya? Why is Jensen playing with it? Is it fun? Que es? Thank you so much for the recipes and the funny comics! And for the inspired Job Scripture. I love that the sisters dressed as nuns. I wish we could get away with that, but no… hehee.
Laney’s drawing of dad made is great! I love how she label’s everything. So detailed. She’s a very good artist too.
Did you get the first package I sent as well? With my Ipod and stuff? I don’t remember you mentioning it, so I’m a little worried that it never made it home… If It did, know that I’m not sure the Ipod works any more. I tried to get it to start up again, and it did a couple of times, but then it just stopped working… So I don’t know what the deal is.
Please enjoy the pictures! And the videos, I’ve got some good ones on there.
We took our recent convert Victor out with us to a lesson for the first time last night. He did GREAT! He’s going to be such an amazing missionary. He’s got no fear to talk to people, and he shared a powerful testimony. It was really amazing to see. I think, I might have to make a trip back here in a year to go to his farewell… And Maria and Goyo’s baptism, as we’re all still waiting on the divorce to go through.
Aside from that, I don’t have much news, but I really love hearing about home and everything that you are all doing.
So, Jensen refuses to date her whole life and then meets Mr. Dracy? Typical. Not allowed to get married Jensen, until I get back, but you should probably ask Mr. Darcy out. “You’re English, right?” isn’t bad, but let’s see if we can’t top that. A job at the creamery sounds like fun. I wish I had more to say, I’m sorry, I promised myself once that I’d never become one of those missionaries who scribbles three lines home every p-day. I just really can’t think of anything else to say!
So, Grandma and Grandpa wrote me. I guess that Grandma is doing well, I’m so glad. And she gave me fun family news. I’m super excited for everyone.
I guess I could tell you all about food—it’s always one of my favorite things in your letters. I’ve been learning how to kind of cook for real, having had a couple of companions who knew how to cook and then a couple who didn’t. Real Mexican food is pretty different from Taco Bell, but I still like Taco Bell, weirdly enough. I had Papusas yesterday from an El Salvidorian. AMAZING! I must learn to make them. It’s simple enough, but easy to go horribly wrong. And then we had some tostados covered in pico-de-gayo (sp?) and avocado. Then some fun sort of taquitos that were filled with mashed potatoes instead of meat. Interesting, I liked it a lot. I’ve learned to make some pretty great salads, and Hermana Forsling loved it when I made her capreze (sp?).
Oh, and I have to make my district leader cupcakes because he finally agreed to call us on the phone and say “Hello Angels!” and then we answer back, “Hello Charlie!” but we all had to make him a separate treat. So worth it.
I’m sorry again, for this short, lame letter, but hopefully getting all that stuff from me earlier can make up for it. I love you all so much, and I missed you a lot this week. I had some weird post mission dreams. Very strange. I’m not sure how I feel about going home. Sometimes I feel happy and sometimes I feel really sad, and sometimes sick… But one thing is always the same: seeing all of you again is going to be a very sweet experience. I LOVE you. I’m working hard, and praying hard, for all the people of this city, and for all of you.
Love and kisses 7 HUGGLES! ~lovin’ you lots and lots~
Hermana Lillywhite

No comments:

Post a Comment