Monday, October 5, 2009

me voy otra vez!

Wasn’t conference amazing?! I LOVED all the talks, but I think Elder Holland’s is the one I can’t wait to make every single one of my investigators watch, again, and again, and again for all eternity. Powerful man, that. Powerful talk! They were all so great, I LOVE conference as a missionary. It’s intense, but it’s incredible. Some of my recent converts and investigators were able to come and watch conference with us at the capilla. I was so glad to have them there…
Well, the only other bit of news I’ve got is that Transfer calls were Saturday night and I’m apparently finished in Crosstimbers for a while. Hermana Forsling is staying here and she’s going to be companions with Hermana Thomas—one of my old MTC companions. And I’m heading out to Louetta area to be in a trio again! My new companions as of this coming Wednesday will be Hermana Bastian and Hermana Willis. I know them both a little bit and they both seem really nice, and I’ve been to Louetta a couple of times on exchanges. I like the area, its right next to my old place in Gunspoint, so I’m still in the ghetto. Home sweet home.
I’m sad to be leaving, but I know it’s the right thing for everybody. I think it woke up a few of our recent converts. We told them a couple of times that this might happen, but I think they didn’t really believe it until I told them, “Ya me voy.” And then they were kind of upset… Antonia said she would have been better behaved if she’d known I wasn’t going to be here much longer. (She gave us all a heart attack last week when she ran away from home, but she’s back safe and sound and was just hiding at a friend’s house.)
Oh, drama, drama, drama. And from what I know of Louetta, I’m about to dive headfirst into some more drama. I’m bound to have the most dramatic mission ever. Okay, well, that’s an exaggerations if there ever was one; Dan Jones? Ammon? Alma? Abinidi? My mission is a different level of dramatic, not even tickling theirs, but still. Days of our lives… Or, more likely, “Dallas”. Hah. Houston, we’re a little off from Dallas…
Anyway, I’m probably being silly and not making much sense. Sorry! I’m a little jittery, having to pack and say goodbye to everybody while simultaneously being llenada del espiritu santo por medio de La Conferencia General.
I’ve obtained quite a lot of stuff since getting here four and a half months ago, but Hermana Forsling gave me some vacuum bags to pack with, so I should be okay for now. I’m going to have to start giving my clothes (that I took from Sisters who went home) away. Don’t worry mom, I’m keeping all the nice stuff that’s really yours… I don’t know if you’re going to want any of it back though. Heh. Sorry. The mission is hard on clothes.
Your guy’s conference weekend sounds amazing! I love La Puente, of course I remember that place… it’s too back they lost the reservation, but Bucca de bepo is my other favorite, so good for you guys! Fine choice, well done everyone, well done. Papa’s joke to the waiter is pretty funny and adorable. Macbeth sounds like it’s going to be amazing! Ooo, I wish I could see it! You’ll have to tell me all about how is goes and what it looks like and what Dan and Philly are doing/wearing. Beards nice and long, ya?
I’m sorry you can’t find good serviceable shoes. I have the same problem. In the missionary dressing guidelines for sisters it says that shoes must be practical/comfortable/attractive. I don’t think they realize that they’re asking for a miracle with that particular combination. Size 8? Good job! Are you a six then? Clearly, I was the problem all along. I should learn to cook/eat healthy. I’ve been doing pretty much all of the cooking for the last four months and I’ve found I REALLY like it, but I should learn how to make stuff that good for you and not just delicious.
I LOVE that conversion story! It’s so great! I love it when everything just lines up like that. Like dominos. It’s so beautiful to watch somebody’s life change. I especially enjoy the effect of seeing the truth and God closing in on all sides around somebody! Beautiful. Great, great story… It must have really been something to hear him tell it in person.
Well, my letter’s going to be short again this week, I’m afraid. I’m sorry, but I’ve got to go! Thank you so much for details about how everything is going. Everybody sounds good and happy. I hope Grandma has a speedy recovering and that all of this helps with her pain. I LOVE you and I pray for you all the time, I hope everyone is healthy/happy and was fully inspired and uplifted by the words of our living prophets; God’s representatives on the earth.
Hugs&kisses and amor for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment