Monday, September 28, 2009

15. yeesh.

Hey family!
I just love you all so much! You don’t need to worry about me getting discouraged. Dissapointed is probably a better word. It never lasts long though, typically some miracle shows up to save us whenever things aren’t going well. I can’t really help but be happy constantly, so that even during sadder moments, it’s not quite so bad. It reminds me of that line about the Three Nephites, how they didn’t feel pain save for sorrow for the sins of the world. It’s hard to watch other people so unhappy and lost. I myself, am perfectly cheerful. But I’m sad for them sometimes. But you don’t need to worry about me getting discouraged, I know I’m out here doing the right thing and it’s vastly more rewarding than I could ever express. Every day I have a couple of dozen moments where I just have to stop and say to myself, “I am so happy I’m here right now! I can’t believe I ever considered NOT doing this!”
We’ve got transfer calls on Saturday, so next week I’ll be able to tell you what’s up—if I’m going anywhere or if I’m getting a new companion or what. Me and Hermana Forsling have been together for three transfers here in Crosstimbers, which is the longest that either of us has ever had the same companion. But, she’s only got one transfer left before she finishes her mission, and we don’t know if she’s supposed to just stay here, or if there’s one last place she needs to go to…
I forgot to say… I’m SO excited that Nanette is going on a mission! Sweet! That’s so cool, she is going to have such an amazing experience. I’m so glad that she and Alejandra both decided to serve, that’s just about the whole of my single adult class from our ward now… what’s McKenzie up to? :)
This movie you’re describing sounds way neat. I dig the concept immensely. I bet it was neat looking too… Fun analogy for the internet/gaming world too. I LOVE weird movies. I suggested in the car on the way here (we got a ride with the Elders on account of having literally NO miles left for the entire month) that we ask permission from President to watch New York Doll some P-day, none of them had heard of it, so I told them a little about it. Hermana Forsling insists it will never fly (on account of President’s disapproval of Rock Music).
That’s a really interesting story about Charlie down there in ‘somewhere in Mexico’:) There’s some pretty dangerous places out there, but with the protection of the Lord… well, I’ve seen it at work. That’s cool that they just started teaching a lesson. I can see that being super effective… Sheesh, scary.
School sounds like it’s so much fun! You haven’t been wearing your high heels and stuff to class have you? (I probably would, actually, now that I think about it) but that’s pain! Wow. That’s a relaly good idea to have the students write out the stories in paragraphs occasionally as well. Good practice for them on writing papers.
The Baby kitty sounds SOOOO cute! I can just imagine this little blackish/grayish-strippedy-green-eyed little fluffy muffin playing with our two big bad boys. Adorable! As far as names go, I still say we should do our usual gig of having like 50 to answer to.
It’s so weird to hear my name now. There was a random side character in The Work and the Glory (we watched it for a P-day, interesting movie, too dramatic/not enough funzies/uplifting moments if you ask me… also, not enough violence.) anyway, there was a side character with my name, and when they said it, I expected everyone’s head to turn and look at me on reflex, just because that’s usually what happens when my name comes up in a movie. And it didn’t happen. And I realized it’s because NOBODY here knows me as anything besides Hermana Lillywhite. Weird moment. I giggled and then they looked at me, but they were just confused.
I’m sorry I’m the one who was keeping you pudgy. I suspected as much. Especially since all my companions mysteriously gain weight around me. Even on exchanges. Hermana Forsling says it’s because I inadvertently encourage people to do, and eat, and say, and be whatever they want. This is both a good and bad thing. It’s a power I must learn to control.
I’ve actually gained fifteen pounds. Not cool. And also, a little confusing, since I don’t consume nearly as much sweet stuff as I used to, am fasting frequently and often miss meals on account of just not having enough time to eat… I’m pretty sure it’s all the avocado.
Also, I did actually learn how to make some more stuff. Next time we make caramel apples, I can make caramel sauce from scratch and it’s REALLY good. There’s something called a “Hello Dolly Bar” that Hermana Forsling showed me, “Chocolate Coma” courtesy of Hermana Frieszell. Papusas, tortillas, torta (Mexico this means sandwich, Spain it means cake, I’m talking about a sandwich) this really delicious Apple Cake recipe that one of our investigators gave us… Platanos con Crema, and Hermana Nunez taught me how to make some real good salsa. It’s spicey though, but I LOVE it.
I’m working on a cute little recipe book in one of the Yo Gabba Gabba journals I’ve got. Because there is totally a party in my tummy.
OH! And Toritlla chips. Really good ones.
Okay, so maybe all that would be why I gained fifteen pounds. Plus, it’s hard to exorcise properly, and now I’m not even on a bike anymore. Our area requires cars. Whatever. I’ll just have to whip my bum back into shape.
Well, I’d better get going, I’m really happy I finally got to read your letters! (The website was having difficulties for a bit) I’m crazy busy, but I LOVE you, and I pray for all of you. I’ll be praying especially hard for Grandma this week, I hope everything goes well!!! I LOVE you.
Lovin’ you lots y lots Mwahmwah, Hermana Lillywhite

No comments:

Post a Comment