Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Querida Familita Mia,

No se si eso (aqui, por arriba) es correcto. Creo que, si, pero mi espanol es de los estados unidos, entounces... nunca se!

I'm so sorry I didn't write yesterday! It was laborday, so all the libraries and everything was closed. But the happy news is that I get to write to you today! YAY! Felizidad por la vida, AIIIAYAIAIAYY!

I really am excited today, I don't know why, I think it's because of the extra day, I was extra excited to hear from y'all. I'm always way stoked to get your letters, but today, I just feel like I'm extra excited... So, I'm confused, I thought Jensen got a solo room to herself, but you've mentioned Luma as a roomate of hers? Explain:) Maybe she lives right next door or something? Anyway, that's excellent that she gets to make some new friends, and ginna-ga-boobin, I'm SO happy that you like all your classes. They sound boss. Especially the movie-watching one:) I've got to be honest my little sister, I still don't think movies are evil. I'm probably not going to be able to sit down with you for a month and watch all these shows, like you've been saying, but I don't think it'll be too weird to watch TV again... you just have to be EXTRA nice to me, start me out on milk. Disney movies... Pixar! Ya know? Then we can slowly ease me into romantic comedies and some action adventure... SLOWLY though. Anyway, Luma sounds nice! Is she in any of your classes? Your other classes sound like they're perfect for you as well. You'll do awesome! Just keep working hard.

And mommy, your class will be great! I can already tell from hearing you talk about it. It's going to be so cool. Those kids are way lucky to have you. I certainly will be praying for you! And for your adorable kimber-prospy students. If they give you guff, just tell the kung fu teacher and he'll beat them up. That's what the other teachers did when we were bad.

Yeah, there was a thing brought up about money the other day... OH yeah! Guess who is in my district now? Elder Lang! The one from Aunt Nuggie & Uncle John's ward. We were talking and it turns out that my companion and Elder Lang are basically set up already for after their mission. They've got cash/jobs/schools, everything lined up. So me and Elder Lang's companion, Elder Remmington, were being kind of quiet and then he just goes, "I'm broke." and I just sort of nodded and was like, "I think I might be broke too." and we had a good laugh about it. I don't actually know if there is any money for school for me when I get back... I guess I can always work for a while and save up. There is bound to be a job for a bi-lingual hypergraphian with a bachelor's degree in English, right? But I really do want to go back to school... I just realised I'll probably have to try and figure out a couple of details about that at some point.

Laney is so silly... half finished homework in your desk, huh? Silly rabbit. She's so cute, I miss her face and her sillyosity. How's she liking school so far? Any fun new friends?

Choosing your fast day in a forty-day fast as fast sunday is cheating!But it might have worked... good idea, haha. That's a really cool idea, I hope you guys see some success for your missionaries. They sound like great Elders from what you've told me. It's hard in some of those areas, but that doesn't mean you can't have success. Oooo! I want to see Uncle Dan in MacBeth!So cool. Totally unfair... they'll just have to do it again next year, says I. I'm glad he's happily working away on a new script--I can't wait to read it, and the old one! [redacted].

Was that Museum movie cute? I saw a poster for it a couple of times, so I knew it was coming out at least, which is more than I can say for most movies. (It's so weird to be all cut off sometimes). Yummy... food and gelato. I haven't heard from Chantal in a bit, what's the deal, babs? Que estas haciendo? Tell her I said that.

Yeah, the weather is unbareable. It was REALLY hot yesterday too, but we had fun... You'll never guess what President actually let us do... we went to a Baseball Game!!!! Coolest P-day ever. It will probably never happen again, because SO many missionaries were there. It was funny. You could just look across the stands and see all these white shirts and ties with little nametags (I think Hermana Forsling and I were the only sisters who came though). We ended up on the bigscreen alot.

It was a way fun game, Astros vs. Philies. The Philies pitcher has a real attitude problem, but so did a bit of the crowd (The parts that weren't occupied by scores of missionaries). Aside from that it was a way fun, wholesome game of ball! Completely with cute little kids and dogs and sportmanship and all of that. I'll be sending my ticket and the funky astros apron they gave me home to you folks to charish. I like baseball, I realised. It's really fun!

There were like dozens of flyballs too. A few came right close to us but we never caught one. By the end I figured they should just hand one out to everybody in the crowd as there had been so many. I don't know if the game was on TV or anything, but if you can find any clips of it, you might see me, or some of my homies (I don't know if it's inappropriate to refer to the Elders as 'homies') in the crowd. WAY fun game. The Astros won!

That's such a wonderful story about Katherine and Matt! I love that. It's so sweet... That's a nice mission President who would allow that too. President Hansen would probably okay that too. At least, I'd hope so. He's strick on some things and not-so-much on others, so it's hard to tell. But that's soooo cool! Lucky Elder:)

Well, this week was pretty chill. Well, not really, actually a lot happened, but you know that whole 'some stories are better in person' thing, I've mentioned? This was one of those weeks. I didn't find out that my companion can do cornrows. And there was an adorable incident in which one of our recent converts, Antonia (15) stole the keys to our car and set off the alarm when we were standing outside next to the car, looking for the keys. She's such a joker. It was pretty funny.

This week is going to be zone conference! I'm super excited. Zone conference is always so uplifting. This has been a pretty battered transfer so far, but I know that hard times come and go. And we'll be fine, we're in the lord's hands after all.

I LOVE you all, os amo muchisimo! I hope everything is as lovely and prefect and the same as it sounds. I miss you all a lot, but I'm so happy! And I know it won't be long before I see you all again and get to touch and hear and smell you too:)

Kissito, Hermana Lillywhite

No comments:

Post a Comment