Friday, April 10, 2009

Familia, April 6, 2009
I completely forgot to mention in my letter last week that I met Elder Argyle at Zone conference-he was looking for me! (Hermanas are much easier to find) It was very fun! Also, I've been meaning to write the Margetts, but I can't find their address-I know I've got it somewhere, but I can't find it.
That is so cool that Jeremy is going to Uruguay! That is on my list now, there's so many countries I want to visit later. That's where Hermano Hadly and Hermano Richardson served, they sometimes like to line up missionaries at the MTC with teachers who served in the same place (or so I've been told) like with Hermano Antonio teaching a class of state-side spanish speakers. So maybe he'll have one of them as a teacher! Anyway-I want to go there. And Ecuador, and Spain and Guatemala, Argentina-Honduras sounds amazing too. My investigators/ward members always recommend their homelands very convincingly. Want to go to Mexico when I get back?
I had my first exchange this week! I went up to the Woodlands for a day with Hermana Marsh, it was really interesting...Their area has a lot more money than ours. Posh-Texan.
I've been trying to practice KungFu but it's so frustrating--I don't remember my forms! I'm going to keep working on them though--maybe it'll come back to me, the way Moonlight Sonata came back to me inexplicably the other day (not all of it, sadly) I'm sorry. You keep asking where my companion is from, and I keep forgetting to answer. She's from Washington. She's a quarter Japanese though, if that answers your real question.
Oh! I have to tell you. Remember Herbalux from Ugly Betty? It's real!! But they call it Herbalife and hispanic people SWEAR by this stuff. I so do not get it, but keep in your mind an image of Hilda wearing her little button and being taught the restoration by ME, totally happened last week. I haven't gotten to try any yet, but the other missionaries assure me, it WILL happen. They love this stuff. Oh, it's funny how you mention all the stuff I don't ask for. It's not that I don't need anything from home, it's just that I forget every week to ask. My clothing is really not working out so great--it's HOT here, I've got too many long sleeved blouses. Does anyone make a shirt with pockets?! That would save my LIFE. Also, why are thigh-highs so hard to find? And why didn't I bring a photo album to put pictures in? What is my problem?
I honestly don't notice much anymore. I've gotten out of the habit of wearing make-up--I'm pretty sure I look a bit dumpy most of the time too.
But! I am not gaining weight. Which is amazing with how much I EAT. We live off of avacodoes and Tortillas and Crema, which is like sour cream, but Mexican and better. I'm learning to cook some pretty delicious things too...I can't wait to cook for you. I don't think I ever related Arnies' full story--It's pretty great. So, Hermana Frieszell and Hermana Taylor found him knocking, he let them teach him and partway into the first lesson he asked if they knew where he could find the "Mormon church" as he was interested in joining them. Turns out, he has a friend in Mexico who was baptized and recommended he do the same. but he's hispanic and a lot of hispanics kind of don't bother with the internet-so he'd been unable to find "the Mormon church" in the phonebook or anything.
I love this man. He's so smart, he's the newest member in the ward and he's already reading all the lessons in the handbook and asks questions and everything. He's so great.
Wasn't conference incredible? I watched a little in spanish, but the translation is really irritating unless it's pre-recorded, so we started only listening to those..in spanish, I mean.
I'm kind of tempted to just gush about conference for the rest of this letter, I'll just tell you my favorites: err...never mind, I started to look through my notes and realised I'd just end up listing all of them. How adorable and shivering was Anderson?! I already mentioned that Perry answered my prayers. Elder Holland is my hero--President Monson made me sob like a child...It was so wonderful. I LOVE conference. The only thing really that made me sad was just that this is usually a time we all spend together, and that was hard. I hope all the family had a wonderful time!
Is anyone else REALLY excited about the LDS version of the Santa Biblia? cause us spanish speaking missionaries are FREAKING OUT!!!ARRRBA!!!
Seriously. There was some dancing.
I was so happy to get a couple of lovely letters this week! Mom, I want to tarry--but you knew that already, I poured over that chapter you sent me.
I LOVE the scriptures. I always did, but it's different now. I already gushed a bit about Ammon. I love the missionaries and the warriors and most especially the missionary warriors! One hour a day is NOT enough study time.
I love Alma so, so much. And Daddy I read all those articles you sent-they are GREAT please send more when you feel inspired, they helped me out a lot with some of my personal study in Alma/Mosiah this last week.
I've got to go--I've only got 2 more minutes of Pday! I love you all, Hermana Lillywhite
P.S. Happy Easter! I love chocolate--do I get a package?!

No comments:

Post a Comment