Wednesday, April 29, 2009

20 April 2009

Querido Fambly; Handwritten, Mon. April 20, 2009

So, remember the Elder who cast out a demon? Elder Clark? Funny things happen on P-day. Our fearless district leader, Elder Porter, was tired of playing football, so he stopped and was watching the other Elders play football and at two to three minute intervals would yell "Hey, let's go get something to eat!" over and over and over for probably about twenty minutes until we were starting to get annoyed. Then Elder Clark (who's been standing silently next to him the whole time) yells "Hey, We're going to get something to eat" and everyone got up and went to get food (and I laughed. Oh how I laughed).

I guess people just listen to you more when you cast out Demons.

Going back to California sounds amazing! You have to tell me all about your trip; it'll be so fun. I sure love California. I've been dreaming about weirder and weirder things. Shadows of my homeland and themes from out here in the field mingle into dissonance in the steampunk engine that is my mind. Also, there's a lot of Spanish. Bi-lingual dreams. It's hard enough to understand what's going on in English.

I played Basketball again. No injuries, but I think I'm getting better.....

I'm sorry I don't have much to say this week! I made it to the end of my first transfer. I do get discouraged sometimes (Tahiti would be nice) but it never is long before I'm on the top of the world again-totally enchanted by the people I'm meeting and the experiences I'm having.

I love you! Hermana Lillywhite

P.S. Tell Aunt Les THANK YOU!! so, so much for the lovely letter and especially for the awesome CD's! Also, thank you, thank you Daddy for sending me the Fictionpress reviews and for Los Articulos! They are SO so perfect for what I'm studying right now!

P.P.S. I certainly will be writing about my mission when I come home--but, right now, I've got to go LIVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment