Monday, April 20, 2009

20 April 2009

Familia, Monday, April 13, 2009
Everybody has been sending me lovely paper, on which to write them letters, so I've selected one of each of a few of them to write to you today, This means I'll be upsetting my usual front and back pattern for art.
Jensen! You're going to use my art for your x-box stuff?! I can think of no higher compliment from one as nerdy as you are, my darling-sister-pants. I've been keeping my eyes open for Elders who you should date once they're finished here. The winner right now is one Elder Hackett. He's got that nose you like, loves Zelda and is known for his consistency. (He's eaten a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich every day for lunch since he got here like 8 months ago) and for his thrifty-ness. (He clearly doesn't spend much on food, at least.) Sounds like Prince Charming, amirite?
Seriously though, the Elders here are so fun. Real good young men. But I think you should think about serving a mission yourself before you fall madly in love with someone.

Yep, I've met some quirky people out here. Texas is sort of like Wonderland that way. Oh, I asked Elder Homer about his mom again, I explained about what you said, but I don't know, I'm worried he's giving up hope of finding his mom. I'm going to keep asking him about it though. He's cool, he won't get angry, he knows it's just because we care.
I've started into my missionary library, FINALLY. Once I've read them all in english I'm going to get the spanish set.
I miss LaneyBug so much. At the pulga this last weekend, the stand next to us was playing the Beatles all afternoon. When "Penny Lane" came on I got all teary and had to fight off feelings of *sigh* by flagging down the nearest person to talk to (pulga is like street contacting, I don't now if I explained it before--you know the cell-phone guys who try to get you to stop at the mall to buy stuff?! We do that, but we're not asking for money, Just your soul.) Anyway, I saw pretty Laney-face in my mind and felt all extrano for a minute. She's such a sweet baby. I've had dreams about comig home too! But they are kind of weird. Still, it's nice to see you all in my dreams sometimes.
I'm learning so much out here, it's pretty amazing..not just about the gospel (though, that's kind of..) the bulk of it, and it's related to everything else I learn) I'm also learning how to COOK, (not just bake, COOK) I'm collecting receipts. I can't wait to make you all FOOD!
I'm turning the Yo-Gabba notebook I've got (the plushy one) into a cookbook.
I'm going to send Jensen and Laney letters too--I made a new poem for her book-I'm gonna send a preliminary sketch.
Anyway, I'm out of time again-there's SO much more I want to tell you all.
But...some stories are better in person, I think. 1 1/2 years isn't so long. Love, Hermana Lillywhite

No comments:

Post a Comment