Friday, February 27, 2009

Hola fambly! It's so good to get to write to you again!

Well, my first bit of news is that my companion Hermana Fitches got her visa alright, and headed out to Espana on Tuesday! It was sad because the two of us got really close, but I couldn't even cry, I was just so happy for her. She's such a wonderful missionary, I just know she's going to do great in Spain. She told Hermano Richardson that she plans to find and Baptise the King of Spain. If anyone can do it, my Hermana Fitches can.

So, I've been back in my trio for the last couple of days!

Oh! I got my flight plans. They pushed me back an extra day, so I don't leave until Wednesday morning, March 11th, very odd. The rest of our calss leaves the 1oth, but they are keeping all the Houston people for an extra day. No se porque. I figure that the plane tickets for Wednesday to Houston were cheaper or something. It's no big deal, we'll get to be there for the devotional Tuesday night, so that's fun. It should probably be an Apostle or something though since they're making us wait an extra day. I'm honestly SO excited to get out there and start working, but at the same time, I still have moments of "que es eso?! Yo no se Espanol!" Really though, the language is coming along. It's surreal, but I can feel myself slowly becoming bi-lingual (sp?) Hermana Saylor said that learning a second language is the hardest, because you've been wired one way already, so now you're literally having to cut a new pathway in your mind.

Alright, anyway, So, I'm leaving on the eleventh, and apearently I'm allowed to call home from the airport! I know you all have lives ect. but I was hoping you could go ahead and expect a call from me from between... I think it's eight to ten in the morning when I'll be allowed to phone home, but a lot of that's going to be airport time, so I don't really know how much time I'll actually have to talk or when I get to call, but it's probably at sometime in there are not in the afternoon when I actually reach Texas. I didn't even know that this was allowed, before a few weeks ago, but now I'm really excited to talk to you!

That's so great about Jessica and Jillian getting married! It's so weird how we're all sorta kinda adults now. I still have these moments when I'm sure I'm secretly a teenaged girl. Anyway, I hope their weddings are beautiful, you'll have to tell me all about the parties. And that movie "Taken" sounds like something I'd enjoy. I don't remember seeing previews for it, I guess I've been gone long enough that I'm going to start missing stuff like that... OH! Before, I forget. Fool sent me a letter and in it he mentioned that he'd accidentally bought too many tickets for the Midnight premier of Watchmen, so he wanted to know if Jensen and Chantal were interested in seeing it! His e-mail is jollificator@gmail.com, I think that's right... if it's wrong than his real e-mail address is in my address-book on g-mail. Anyway, if Gina wants to go, she should e-mail him and say so. I'm not sure how many other extra tickets he has, but he usually gets way too many, so if there's anyone else who wants to go... yeah. It's weird thinking about movies. You know, I genuinely miss movies. Television not so much, Firefly sure and some other totally amazing shows like that. But the other day I was reading the admonition of Paul (again) and I started thinking about how 'praiseworthy' some modern day cinema is. It's like what me and mom have talked about before, with how people sometimes gravitate towards these epic stories of good vs. evil without realising that they're familarising themselves with eternal stories and principles...

But I don't mind going without. Actually, I think it's great, because when I do come back, I think I'll appreciate those things more than I did before. Kind of like with you all, my wonderful fambly! I miss you lots and lots, but I know that if I came home now it wouldn't be as sweet as when I come home in 16 months.... this has been on my mind a lot lately because one of the Elder's in our district Elder Stirling, is headed home (not forever, we hope...) what happened was that he was having some problems with his ankle/foot, so he went to get it checked out. Turns out there is A LOT wrong with him. he has to get surgery next week and he'll be out for 4-6 MONTHS. They gave him options too... he coudl stay here and work in the RC, or go home get released and reenter the mission field in 4-6 months when he's recovered. He decided to go home. I think he's the only person who thinks this is a good idea. He's actually really excited, which is weird because I never would have thought he was like that. Sure, it would be really rough to be trapped here for SO long, but poor crutchy is working on his 16th week right now and he survived. As an RC missionary he's been doing nothing but Spanish calls for a long time and his Espanol has gotten REALLY good.

Anyway, it's not my descision and maybe if I was in his situation I'd make the same choice... I hope he recovers fast and is able to resume his mission pronto.

Urgh, that made me feel a little sick when you talked about Charly's friend and pulling stupid pranks like that. I mean, I know he wasn't a missionary yet, but you think he'd be thinking about that kind of stuff before he even got here.

Elder Master still gets stacks of letters of Anti-Mormon material every day. He's started destroying them though, so that's good at least... We figure it'll stop when he leaves for his mission on the 10th. Oh! That's right, don't sent any DearElders after like... the 6th, probably. They won't forward them on to me, and after I leave the MTC they charge money to use DearElder.

Wellll.... I already wrote a longer letter by hand! I LOVE you all, SO, SO much! I'm always so excited when I get your letters. I'm really happy here, but I'm also excited to leave soon. Todo bien. The church is true, the sky is blue, get married in the temple live happily ever after, good night! Paz y amor ustedes.

MWAH!

1 comment: