Monday, April 19, 2010

Ur pwobaby rite.

Hi fambly!

Well.

I don’t have much news this week. I spent about 3 days in bed with the flu. Monday night after P-day last week, I started to feel a little funny, but I just lay down and figured it would go away by morning but instead I was kept awake all night by stomach pain until I finally crawled into the bathroom and threw up for a while. It was pretty miserable. We also had Zone meeting and weekly planning to get done and ultimately didn’t get to do a great deal of work this week… as far as numbers go, this was the worst week of my entire mission, although my district leader, in an appreciated attempt to be positive, pointed out that our ‘member present at investigator’s lesson’ stat. was a perfect 100% which he said he’d never seen anyone achieve before.

So, we didn’t get a lot of work done, as a result of me being totally out of commission and passed out under the influence of Nyquil. The Elders gave me a blessing and after that I got well pretty fast and went back out into the field. My poor companion had to entertain herself for a while, which she claims not to have minded at all. She read a great deal of Jesus The Christ and wrote dozens of pages in her journal.

I heard from one of the other Sisters, that Sister Hansen once attributed missionary sickness to us occasionally needing a little time to pause and examine ourselves on a mental/emotional level. After months of neglect, a little time of reflection can become necessary. Mostly, I just had some superbly bizarre dreams. My most recent ones include Johnny Depp and I as Alice and the Hatter respectively, but in a setting reminiscent of Tom Petty’s music video for “Don’t Come Around Here No More” accept I don’t turn into cake at the end and get eaten, instead I just chucked a chair at Johnny and started to choke him, but then I woke up. I feel bad, I don’t know why I’ve ever do that to poor Mr. Depp. I love him. I also had a pet Monkey for a while, was Home for Conference with you lovely folks! And had to confront my district leader, Elder Parker after finding out that he’d ended his mission early to convert to Judaism. I also started to teach Stephen Fry a first lesson, but only got as far as defining what a prophet was because he had so many comments.

So. That was my week.

I’m so sorry that Jensen didn’t get into the animation program. Her artwork looks amazing, thank you so much for sending me that link. Whatever Jensen ends up doing with her life, I’m sure it’ll be fascinating and that she’ll be very successful. Those silly pets of ours are so much fun… Everything sounds really nice back home. I hope you have great time with Bonco, I’m glad you’re not stressed, as you’re always an awesome hostess.

I miss you all a lot. I’m really looking forward to talking to you in a few weeks on Mother’s day! I am determined to send that blasted package today. I keep putting it off, but I’ve got it all together, and I just need to do it. I love you all very, very much. This letter is short because I spent most of my computer time reading the old Christmas Letters posted on dad’s blog. Good memoriesJ

Hermana Lillywhite

No comments:

Post a Comment