Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dear fambly, Monday Mar 16, 2009
Mwah, and also mwah. This is really difficult, but wonderful. I'm not sure what to say. I love everything. I love Lucky Charms because the marshmallows stick to the bottom of my spoon. I love the other missionaries, they are all so nice--I love my companion, she imparts her wisdom upon me. I love the members--my ward is amazing and they FEED me! So delicious! I love the investigators, they are all so loving and understanding of my weak, weak language abilities.
They really take care of us here (when they can) because we work hard. It was raining constantly since I arrived, which was fine--the Texans were happy to have the water--the Latinos didn't want to leave their houses and seemed to think we were a little crazy for leaving ours.
But today we had sun!
We just taught another lesson with Carolina and Nellie and Maria Jose y Maresol--they've got two little ninitos (carolina's) a little boy and girl. They are so cute and they're always running all over the place. It makes me miss Laney.
We played volleyball today with the Elders. I'm amazing--I'm sure I'll get a contract with Nike any day now. One of the Elders actually said "Good eye!" to me when the ball went flying an inch away from my face into the out of bounds area. I thought of Brian Regan, "What did I do?!" "You avoided getting hit in the face." "Oh good, I'm glad I did that!"
I'm not sure what else to tell you about this week. I'm honestly still a little overwhelmed! I decided not to send the card from the camera yet--actually, I wanted to, but I don't have a padded envelope to send it in right now...I'm sure there's still plenty more space on the card though..I'll send a few more pictures home until then, one quick one of me and my companion Hermana Frieszell! (She's so smart! I'm learning so much from her!) OH! I don't know if you're hanging onto my letters, but I hope you are because I want to compile them when I get back. I've been keeping all the letters people send me too--but there's getting to be A LOT and I'm running out of places to put them, so I might have to send some home--please keep them safe for me if I do! I don't want to, because I want to be able to read them...but I'm not sure what else I can do! Anyway-it's not something I have to think about until I get transferred, but I thought I'd bring it up because I'm very tired and writing nonsense. Anyway--I'm sorry! This letter is a little pathetic, and it's also the only one I wrote/will write this week. Pitiful--I'll do better next time-I promise!
I love and miss you all like billio (this means muchos!) Yo amo ustedes! ( not sure if this is correct. Too tired to think...but I really do love you all so much!) Hermana Lillywhite
P.S. I saw a SANDY! (like a lot of them actaully--squirrels are all over in some of these neighborhoods! Texas squirrels!)

No comments:

Post a Comment