Monday, June 14, 2010

Baby #2 on the way!

Fambly! (I’m forgotten how to spell familia in English. I did it, but it looks so weird… I’ll try to refrain from writing that word and I’ll just use cute, obviously misspelled words instead.)

Home sounds so wonderful. I have heard about this horrible dance that Johnny Depp does at the end of the movie—I’ve heard it’s so stupid, and for some reason, I’m like… REALLY excited to see it. It might turn out to be one of those things that everyone else hates, but I love. I have the same feeling about ‘Where the Wild things are’. I heard it was horrible, and I can’t wait to see it, because I’ll probably love it. Did you mean to write Christopher Columbus? It is Tim Burton’s movie, isn’t it? Did Christopher Columbus have anything to do with it? He’s the guy who did Goonies, right? And the first two, not-very-good Harry Potter movies? I apparently haven’t forgotten everything about the world.

Except, I saw an ad today for the Dark Shadows movie, with a picture of Johnny as Barnabas Collins and I MIGHT have freaked out in Walmart. Elder Kerr was a bit alarmed. Even more so, when he made the mistake and saying that it looked ‘like it wouldn’t be very good’ and I hit him. How dare he ruin my childhood.

I’m pretty stoked.

Aw, Marin. I love Marin. Let’s go back. That’s fun that the kids get to go visit for a while and work at their dad’s shop.

Hermana Taets is doing well. It was her father’s birthday this last week, and then it was a little rough for her today as well… she wanted to get a father’s day card for her ‘Mormon Dad’ a good friend and a good man who’s family kind of adopted her after she got baptized. She found the card that she had bought for her dad the year before and it was kind of rough on her. And she’s not sleeping well—having nightmares and then just not being able to fall back to sleep for hours. She’s very mature though, and she’s dealing with all of it as best as humanly possible. I’m really amazed by her example. I don’t think I’d be in this good a shape para nada. I’d be a mess actually.

This morning the Elder came over and I made French Toast for everyone, it was pretty fun, though our apartment isn’t nearly as sweet as theirs. They live with the Deaf Elders, so they get a TV. (The Deaf Elders need one for their personal study). We went over there to eat a few weeks ago and watched ‘Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration’, which I don’t think I saw before I went into the MTC. I always get pretty emotional watching it. It’s actually pretty well made with decent acting and menos cheesiness. Not like Legacy. It was hard though, to get too emotional with Elder Inkley playing MST3K on the love seat across from me.

Well, out one big bit of transfer news is that although Hermana Taets and I got our wish and we’ll both be staying here until the end of MY mission, we are going to be trio-training! YAY! NEW SISTER! We saw pictures of the 2 newcoming girls. They look adorable and new. There’s a Sister Porter, and we’re kind of hoping we’ll get to train her, just because Elder Porter is leaving our district, so then we can still have a Porter around which I think would be funny. We’ll see though. What’s more important than funniness is the will of the Lord.

But still. I’m very excited to get to train again before I go home. Hopefully this new chicka will be filled with greenie-fire and will keep me from going all trunky.

What else has happened recently… we saw a guy eating corn-on-the-cob, while driving. I love Texas.

Uummm… Elder McGary read like half my journal. That was weird. I think he was disappointed with all the lack of scandalous secrets.

Sorry. I’m just not all that scandalous: )

I found out Elder Kerr can do a pretty great Joker impression, so that’s been entertaining…

I’m really just excited to meet my companion! This will be my fourth trio that I’ve been in.

Also… HAPPY DADDY’S DAY, DADDY! I wanted to buy you a card today, but I couldn’t find any that I thought you would like or find funny… so, I figures I would send you a big old cyberhug instead. I LOVE you daddy, and I miss you so much. I finished making my new planner for this last transfer this morning, and for Wednesday July 28 all I’ve got down is PARTY WITH THE FAM! I’m going to work hard for this last transfer and I’m way excited to see you all again!

Hermana Lillywhite

No comments:

Post a Comment