Monday, May 17, 2010

hasta que el dinero nos separe

Spanish television shows only last for like three minutes. The big one right now is hasta que el dinero nos separe. I don't know what it's about, I assume all the usual drama, but it's a play on the phrase "haste que la muerte nos separe", "Until death do us part"/"Until money do us part" it makes more sense in Spanish and is a clever title. I might look it up when I get home. The other big one is "Corazon Salvage" (savage heart) and I think "Sortilegio" (Sorcerer) just ended but that was pretty huge. We occasionally have to know these titles. Especially when teachign children about the law of chasity. Aylin actually inturrupted us once and said, "Oh, okay, entounces, no debamos hacer nada que esta en los novellas?" (Oh, okay, then we shouldn't do anything that is in soap operas?"

Very good Aylin!

I'm sorry that Jensen and Laney aren't feeling well! That bites. President told me I should start taking multi-vitamins to improve my damaged innume system. They are dang expensive is what's lame. So to make it more fun, I got the princess/flinstones gummies. It was equally expensive but whatever, I jsut relaly don't want to get sick again. Why does Laney get strep every five seconds? Poor baby... That's good that they were both able to go through with the test and do well. It's true, Sifu has this method of sort of 'pre-failing' people. But not in a mean way, just in the way that he figures out before hand if you're going to pass or not and tells you to test or not to test depending on what your performance will inevitably be like. That way always the reassuring thing for me about testing, was that, i knew he wouldn't let me do it unless I could pass. It made it way less stressful. Still a little ominious. I definately remember looking at the clock saturday morning the week before and thinking to myself, "In exactly one week from now... I'm going to be in so much pain."

Good times.

Pobrecita Penny Lane. She'd awesome though, she doesn't need to stress.

Man, I can't believe that it's just about summer time. Or is it summer time? Chispas, I don't know. They're already selling Raspas on the side of the road, I think that makes it summer.

Bonco sounds like a blast! I'm so looking forward to your letter. My companions and I always love reading the comics.

According to president Hansen--with regards to Elders in missionary leadership having revelatory dreams concerning the missionaries in their districts/zones, "You are a worthy Priesthood leader. It'll happen."

Sweet.

I want a revelatory dream, but I'm pretty sure it's unessecary for me right now. My life is kind of awesome. Actually, my life is so awesome that I'm occasionally paranoid that something really awful will happen to me soon. After all, every story with a tragic ending seems to start with "It seemed like she had everything..."

Gulp. I'm doomed.

Really though, everything is going VERY well right now. In my new area, and in my old area! Bearcreek 2 had a baptisimal date for the various people that I taught over there for almost every weekend this transfer. *faint* I worked SO hard, and then I got transfered before I could be there to see it... but that's okay. Hopefully, I'll be able to go back. Yesterday, we jumped back over there for Kathy's baptism. I'll send pictures... Bearcreek 2 has this cool thing that happens. At just about EVERY single baptism, some nonmember whose attending, decides they want to get baptised. Yesterday, it was Kathy's father. Everybody was all emotional, it was a beautiful experience, and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it!

Remember how I told you that when I told Hermana Blanco that I was from Maryland she just said, "Oh. That's nice." and I was like, 'Yep. You're from Maryland.' hahaha, well, turns out she just wasn't really paying attention, because Hermana Blanco (who is now called Camila, since she's not a missionary any more) heard that I was born in Maryland she said "REALLY!? My parents where just telling me the other day that they remembered some Lillywhite's who had a little baby about my age!"

Remember the Blancos? They apparently remember you! And baby me. Que precioso!!!

She's really a sweet person, she flew back to Texas after only being home for less-than-a-week to go to the Mexico/Angola soccer game with some recent converts who bought her a ticket. We got to see her a couple of times while she was here, and she was all adorable with her skinny-jeans and her Coach bag and a fancy phone and cute hair and everything. Sigh. I used to be cute. Me hace un poquitito trunky to be honest, but not as much as my poor companion. ("You're like 6 months out, you can't get trunky yet!" / "You're dead! Why AREN'T you trunky?! LOOK AT HER!")

I went from being in a very young district, filled with missionaries who were newbies, to a half dead/half done district. Elder Porter (my first district leader) is going home this transfer and then me and McGary go down together next transfer, so the rest of the district makes fun of us mercilessly for being 'ya muertos'. We're probably the three least-trunky people in the district is the sad part.

Anyway, it was really fun to see Camila and hear all about her adventures as a normal person.

There was a tragedy with the family she was staying with though. One of men there was working on the house and there was a horrible accident and he lost his middle finger. They rushed him to the hostpital but couldn't reattach it, so now he's got this gnarly finger, and he won't keep the bandage on because it bothers him... he seems alright though. Cheerful, to say the least, he was teasing his daughter by touching her plate with the stump and she was like "NO LO HAGAS!" and he would just giggle.

We all drank topache (sp? I'm pretty sure I'm spelling it wrong) accept minus the bottle of tequila, since that would be very, very bad. Even without the tequila we were suspicious of the length of time that the pinapple is stored. We asked the Bishop and the Stake President though and they both assured us that topache is fine. No alcohal. We drank a lot, because it's delicious. We also played "Loteria" which is sort of like Bingo but less lame and not for white people. It was a lot of fun. I won: )

There were no more 'up your pony' moments, although my whole district wants those T-shirts.

Man. So many stories, but I'll probably leave it at that. Most of them are better told in person.

I LOVE and miss you all like crazy glue. Besitos y abrazotes!

Hermana Lillywhite

No comments:

Post a Comment