Monday, February 22, 2010

The secret remedy: Bunny Tea.

Familia mia!
Que tal?
Man, this was a good week. I was way sick and had to spend a few random hours passed out in bed, but we still managed to get out and do a decent about of work in spite of the fact that I was sick as a dog. Jackie Reyes, a less active woman who we teach, grabbed a sack of limes and cinnamon sticks and honey and gave me very specific instructions on how to make… BUNNY TEA! She said, if I drank it before bed three nights in a row, I’d be cured.
I don’t know if it’s actually making me better, but it’s DELICIOUS!
There was a pretty nasty incident down here in Austin last week. I don’t know how widely the news spread. Some sad, sick Pilate with a grudge against the IRS decided to have a mini-reenactment of 911. At least, that was what I understood from the couple of minutes that I watched on the news at a part-member home. They don’t speak English and wanted us to translate what was going on for them, so they’d know if they were supposed to panic or not.
The REALLY awesome thing that happened this week was that I had the very wonderful privlage to go with Ashley to get her patriarchal blessing. It was INCREDIBLE! Very inspiring, empowering blessing. She was so nervous, SO nervous. But she’d prepared herself well and now she is so happy! It was wonderful to see the change from freaking-out to peaceful tranquility and joy.
Aside from that, there is little report from my week…. Oh, except that we had a really weird Zone Meeting with a reporter present who asked us questions and is apparently planning to write an article for the Houston Chronicle about missionaries. That was strange. The whole zone was super uptight. They gave good answers I thought, but geez… relax a little people. Let’s not forget we’re having the time of our lives!
Your week sounds like it was filled with delicious food. Best kind of week there is. I keep thinking to myself that I’m going to lose some pounds and get back into shape. But I just don’t see how. I’m way NOT willing to give up food. I’m just not. And, well… I LOVE to exorcise. But It’s kind of hard to PROPERLY exorcise out here.
I had a weird dream that I joined the Army a few weeks ago. And then again last night, I might have had the same dream. It’s listening to all of Ashley’s army stories, I’m sure. Thanks for sending the picture from the Davis’ baptism. I really want to print out a copy of that, but I sent it home before I got the chance. Let Chantal know that I finished the ‘book-summary’ notebook and will be sending it to her for her scrutiny as soon as I can find proper mailing material
Oooo, Magna Charta, Russian History, World Wars…. I kind of am excited to be able to study again—I mean, I study now obviously, but I’m excited to study history. There’s a number of subjects I’ve become more interested in recently, and they are just that much more fascinating with it being impossible for me to study them. It sounds like you’re an awesome teacher mommy. I hope those kids realize how lucky they are to have you. I know I’ve come to realize how lucky I was to have all of you as my family.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAZI! YAY! Is she 17?! Really!? That’s crazy. How old do you have to be to run for president? Is there any way we’d be able to put a bid in for 2012? Any chance? She’s even more a minority than President Obama, being an Arab American Mormon Woman. And she’s a genius. She’s got my vote, straightup.
I’m going to write Nannette a love note today, I think… I need to find out what the East Mission Address is, but I feel confident that the office should have that. I can’t believe she’s here in Houston already! That’s crazy! I was thinking to myself the other day, ‘Nannette should be going into the MTC any time now, right?’ but she’s already here! That’s nuts! I can’t believe how quickly time goes by. Hopefully, there will be a Multi-Mission conference soon so we can take a precious picture together that I’m sure the ward will cherish and hang up somewhere in the capilla.
Wow, I really don’t have much to say this week. I guess I’m tired. I spent a great deal of time passed out asleep lately, but I’m still a little exhausted. I was happy to hear that you folks got to go to the temple this week. I was just thinking this morning how I’d like to try and go to the temple a least once a week for pretty much the rest of my life after my mission. I’ve been really blessed to have a temple so close by that we get to visit so regularly.
Yeah… having my debt card would be cool. Hopefully I’ll have it by next Monday then? It usually takes about two days to get from the office to the apartment. That’ll be good. In the mean time, I’m just trying to be thrifty, which isn’t so hard. Members have been giving us all kind of food lately. It’s VERY nice. And there’s a family of investigators that always gives us food too. They say that they’ve started to notice that for some reason, whenever they feed us, they have more than enough for themselves, whereas, before, they were struggling to have enough for everyone to eat.
I LOVE you all, and I miss you! Jensen’s plan to skip a semester is admittedly ‘not allowed’ I know, but I’ve got to say, part of me wishes we could all just quit life for a few months and play. Alas. Life goes on.

KISSES! YAY! Hermana Lillywhite
P.S. There’s a catchy song I can’t listen to that some of Ashley’s Army brethren did a video to on youtube. The name of the song is WAY familiar. It’s called, The Ding Dong Song, and the band is apparently called ‘Gunther and the Sunshine girls’?! I’m pretty sure it’s already on Jensen’s playlist. She digs the peppy dancey stuff. If it’s not, then it probably should be.
P.P.S. My companion came up with a brilliant idea for a television show this week. Children ages approximately 8 and younger acting out famous stories from literature, mythology, scripture etc. Like Master Piece theatre except with BABIES! It’ll be a children’s show of course. We’re planning to call it “Small Expectations”. Pretty sure we’ll make a couple of ‘trial-run’ short episodes with primary kids from church first, and then… Hollywood!

No comments:

Post a Comment