Monday, December 14, 2009

RIP MEMO

One of my investigators died this last week: Memo, who was very old, and I never actually met the man, but he enjoyed drinking, smoking and reading the Bible, he was living with a family who we're still teaching, because shortly before I got here, he moved out and we weren't able to get back in contact with him until he was checked into the hospital. But then he died. It's very sad, but he was very old, and as we explained to the children Alison and Jorge, his name has just been given as a referral to missionaries in the spirit world, and they're going to finish teaching him all the lessons so he can get baptised too. I can't get a straight answer as to who this man was in relation to this family. He's apparently not a family member, but just a close friend who was staying there for a while while he looked for work.

I got everybody's packages! Thank you to Aunt Kim, and Mommy and Daddy! I had a very happy Birthday with lots of fun stuff to open! (Mom, I didn't open the stuff that was marked X-mas, was I supposed to wait? I'm so curious! Am I supposed to open everything in the box, or wait...?) And Aunt Kim's donnescitos for me and my companion were adorable!

The CD worked great and I love your selections!

This last week was really amazing. We had sister's P-day which was SO much fun. And very inspiring as well. We had a sister's conference that night with just us Sister Missionaries (And the presidency and the Assistants and a random husband of the singer who was really nice...) Mostly just us girls though.

Tuesday we went on exchanges with the English sisters. That was very fun. Sister Hoskins wants to learn Spanish so badly. Both her parents speak Spanish (mom's Hispanic and her dad is a returned missionary who spoke Spanish) but she never bothered to learn... but she was way awesome.

I got to go to the temple for my birthday which was amazing, and wonderful. And then Friday we had the huge yearly service project, Navidad en El Barrio, which was SO fun. Just about the whole mission was there to put together gifts for underprivileged children. It was a blast.

Not to much else to report on, this is going to be a short letter this week, but I'm really happy to have gotten to hear for you guys today... And I loved getting those packages! I had a very happy birthday and a very happy week, and I especially appreciate you guys remembering my birthday. I'm way excited to see those pictures!

MWAH! I love you. Hermana Lillywhite

No comments:

Post a Comment