Monday, May 11, 2009

Paz y amor a ustedes.

Alright, I'm going to keep this pretty short because we need to get someone to give us a ride to the BBQ at president Hansen's house. He's got a surprise for us. No idea what's that about.

We had a hilarious family home evening with Nelly & Carolina and the Obispo and his family. Here's where it's funny, we were waiting for the bishop family for like 40 minutes and in the mean time Nelly's cake started to burn a little. The funy part happens when the fire starts and we're all scrambling around and Carolina is like "Que paso?!" in the other room and I'm just like "Hay un fuego!" and we're all jabbering in spanish and trying to put out the fire in which case the kitchen towel was incinerated. Then the bishop showed up as we were trying to get the smoke to dissapate.

All in all the family home evening went REALLY well. Aside from our eyes watering from the smoke for all of Obispo's lesson. The cake was still delicious:)

Also, we were invited to come over to the Canalas' family's house this last saturday. We thought we were teaching a lesson and then it turned out we were at a surprise party for the daughter and grandson. Very cute. We didn't get to teach the party anything.

Last story: I mentioned on the phone that we went on splits! We went with two of the best hermanas in the ward.

Alright, now, I'm not like turning sacrament meeting into a beauty contest or anything, but two of the cutest young couples in our ward are the Arreollas and the Rostrans. Adorable, alright, like beyond attractive, these's people children need to marry each other, to perpetuate the 'insanely attractive hispanic gene' So, Hermana Rostran went with hermana Frieszell and Hermana Arreolla went with me. Hna Arreolla is sooo tiny and cute, and she tried to dress up like a missionary to do splits with us, but she ended up just wearing something really cute. Blue&pink pokadotted stilleto peep-toes/sundress. So precious. Anyway, we got finished before Hermana Frieszell and Rostran, and we were waiting for them at the Rostran's house when Hermano Rostran got home from late. It was almost 9:30 and I had no idea where my companion was, so we were just hanging out in front of his door.

Hermano: "Buenas noches."
Us: "Hola, Hermano."
Hermano: "Pasen?" (will you come in?)
Hermana Arreolla: "Creo que, no!" (, like "I believe not." Flipping her hair and looking all offended.)
Hermano: "Esta bien," (shruggs and goes inside)
then Arreolla turns to me and says--I'll just translate for time's sake, "A Sister missionary and a married woman! What is he thinking?! I believe not..."
It was SO funny. She's just so little and innocent and adorable. Picture the adorable cheerleader telling off the quarter-back. And there's a missionary there for no reason.

I love my ward. So much drama.

Alright, well, I'm being hurried along, I haven't even gotten to read your letter yet! I'm so sorry that I'm only able to write this tiny-little unspell-checked letter this week. But I'm trying to do like you said and keep better journals. I'm thinking that you'll like the "small plates" I'm working on best:)

I LOVE you! Mwah, mwah, mwah.

Hermana Lillywhite

No comments:

Post a Comment