Friday, January 16, 2009

First Email Letter

Hi! They let us set up e-mail accounts, which is AWESOME, however, there is lameness, as always. I only get thirty minutes on my p-day to write e-mails to my family members (at least while I'm in the MTC, the rules might change when I get to Houston, but we'll just see.) And that evil little red counter (up in the right hand corner of my screen) started ticking before I had even begun to set up my e-mail account on here, so it's already at 25 minutes.

There's no POSSIBLE way that I'll be able to say everything I want to about this last week in the time alloted, so I'm going to go ahead and hand write another epist--I mean letter--and mail it to you the old fashion way. I just wanted to let you know that I had an e-mail account now, which you CAN use, though I still perfer DearElder.com, since I get those the day that you write them, and I can only check my messages in this inbox once a week. They don't give you extra minutes to read the letters either, you usually have to just print the e-mails out without reading it and then you write back really fast without even reading what your family said to you. Yeah. Not. Exactly. Helpful. But that's just the way it is.

So yeah, I wanted to let you know what was up. When I actually get to Texas, this email account will be really nice for my lovely family, since DearElder doesn't work anymore... I think. I don't know. No body seems to know a lot about that kind of stuff here, and I keep hearing conflicting reports.

Anyway, to give you a general idea of what's going on before you get the massively-detailed-please-please-stop-talking! version of events from my hand-written letter, this week was amazing. I've really learned a lot and I'm starting to get into the rythym of things here. Planning every last second of the day is not really my style, but it's surprisingly relaxing to not have to constantly be thinking about what to do next or where to go--I exist in a small little bubble that I never leave and I always know what I'm supposed to be doing because it's all written down.

I guess I didn't realise how exhasting it was to be 'recalcitrent' (sp?) I'm afraid to go to google and check that I spelled that word right. It's the word that President Daw used to describe me in our meeting a few months ago. I think he said it means 'one who resists authority'/'rebelious'. I've just been letting the sechduel and everything wash over me. I've been trying to be obediant, even with the rules that are quite honestly kind of stupid and I don't complain (much).

Actually, as I said last week, the only rule I have a real problem with is not being able to write letters more than once a week. I made a list of things I have to mention and it's getting pretty long after seven days... I was SO happy to get your letters! Laney's was the most adorable thing. EVER! I was muy giggly while I read it. I was really happy to hear from Jens and Daddy and Mommy and Aunt Les! It seemed like this week, whenever I was starting to feel a bit trunky or just depressed or frustrated with my lack of immediately knowing Spanish, a letter woudl arrive and I'd feel all better! I love hearing about what's going on back home, and I'm so glad of a sign that life does go on outside of the MTC.

Of course, I KNOW that life goes on outside of the MTC but sometimes it feels like they could drop a couple of bomb and obliterate all of the outside world and the MTC official-folks would go ahead and just not tell us about it. It was hilarious to see the Elders begging one of our teachers to tell them who had won some football game.

I did RC! That's the call center thingy if you didn't know. It was a bit tempting to ask about the world outside "What's going on in the world ma'am, is Obama president yet, I forget when that was happening?! By the way, would you be interested in recieving a free book of Mormon from some of our representatives in the area?"

But really, the call center is amazing, it's a great opportunidad to talk to people and testify. Yeah, I really don't have a lot of time left... I'm trying to type as much as I can before it kicks me off.

I saw Elder Little! A bunch of times actually. It's so hard not to use first names. And Lo--err--Elder Jorgenson arrived on Wednesday and I've seen him twice! It's hard to tell how he's doing so far. I'd wait until after Sunday to make an assessment. Everyone told us to just 'make it till Sunday' which I totally didn't understand. I started to wonder if Sunday was when they plugged us into the Matrix or something, but it turned out to not be that weird (probably, I guess I woudln't know if I was plugged into the Matrix, would I?) Sunday is just an amazing day.

AHHH! The Light starts flashing at 5 minutes! That is so creepy of them... What is their problem?

Anyway, I hope Regina was wonderful! Daddy thank you so much for the story, and mommy thank you for the scriptures and the details! I'm going to write Aunt Les later too, now that I've got her address! Jensen, I hope yu and Chantal have fun, Russell brand with NORMAL hair?! I can't see it.

I love you all, so, so much! This thirty minute thing it rediculous. The Dryers are in rythym with the clock, it's like a bomb.... I'd better sign off! I miss you!

Love, Hermana Lirioblanco

No comments:

Post a Comment